Syafrullah Hamdi, S.H., LL.M.
Hamdi is a Managing Partner at B.Av. He has vast experience in assisting both national and international companies in a broad range of commercial transactions, e.g., foreign investment, mergers & acquisitions and real estate. Previously, Hamdi was a corporate lawyer at Indonesia’s prominent law firm, HHP Law Firm (Baker & McKenzie), and also a Commissioner at a multinational shipping company.
Hamdi loves writing. He is a legal author for The Law Reviews (UK) and Bank Permata Priority Magazine. In 2015, he was invited as a Speaker by the Law Annual International Conference at the University of Oxford to discuss the issues between Regional Free Trade Agreements and WTO.
He holds a Bachelor of Law degree from Universitas Padjadjaran and a Master of Law degree (with Merit) from the University of Lancaster, UK. He received a prestigious scholarship from and was selected as “The Best Talent Alumni” by the Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education (LPDP). The University of Lancaster also awarded him “The Lancaster Award 2015” for the excellence of his academic achievements and contributions to society.
He is a member of PERADI (Indonesian Bar Association) and holds an Indonesian BAR License to practice before the Indonesian courts.
These are the glimpse of Hamdi’s representative types of work:
- Assisting and representing PT Indosiar Karya Media Tbk in a merger worth IDR 31 trillion with PT Surya Citra Mandiri Tbk through the Indonesia Stock Exchange.
- Assisting and representing an airport services regional state-owned company in a merger worth IDR 1.9 trillion with an aerocity real estate management company.
- Assisting and representing a Canadian group of companies in the acquisition of 7 gold mining companies in Aceh valued at IDR 650 billion.
- Assisting and representing PT Bank Tabungan Negara in the issuance of Securitized Assets Backed Securities (KIK-EBA) valued at IDR 1 trillion in 2013 at the Indonesian Stock Exchange.
- Assisting and representing two multinational warehouse real estate developer companies in acquiring 41.1 hectares land in Bekasi Regency valued at IDR 1.2 trillion from 2 national real estate companies.
- Assisting and representing a multinational serviced apartment company in acquiring 216 strata titles of apartment units in Jakarta valued at IDR 675 billion from a major national real estate company.